Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What About Jacob?

So, a lot (all?) of my posts recently haven't really featured the Thiessen Twosome so much as it has just been about...me. There's a pretty good reason for that, folks, honestly! As of this past July, Jacob has been the head (and most times, the only) chef at the bar and restaurant he's been employed at since he first got here, TK6:


This guy is a crazy working and cooking machine, and while I don't see nearly enough of him as I like (demand), I'm still super proud of him and happy that he's carved a niche out and formed a community here that doesn't revolve around the ubiquitous English-teaching world of Japan.

Yes, Jacob's family at TK6 is wild, strange, supportive, and...shall we say...close:


But he's happiest when he's working and I'm happy that he's working in the field that he loves. While the job doesn't always allow for us to travel or get away with each other too often, it's still an incredible experience for him, and after all, that's what this little Japanese adventure of ours over here is all about...

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Jacob! I hope you have a bit of time to come visit Osaka/Kyoto at least!

rdh3000 said...

I wanna see more postings of Jacob's cooking ... and maybe some recipes!

ThiessenTwosome said...

Rachel...that's a damn fine idea! I'd better start photographing his meals before devouring them!!

On a related note, I have been taking massive amounts of Sapporo food pics, so perhaps the new year will bring a new swing of foodie posts for a change! Yay!

ThiessenTwosome said...

Oh and Meagan...we're working on it, trust me! That boy's GOTTA get away!!!