Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Secret Society of the Mystic Cherry Blossom

On Wednesday of this week I, after being here for four months already, had another welcome party for my school!  This time, the party was for women only--seeing as there are only 15 women working in the place (out of about 120 faculty and staff), it was a welcomed outing!

As soon as the party began, I was promptly informed, "Now, Crystal...this is a seeeeecret society.  This is the Secret Society of the Mystic Cherry Brossom!  It is because we are all strong, beautiful women.  We are most beautiful at night.  And also that's when there's beer."  An underground society of fabulous, beer-drinking, Japanese  women from my school!?!?!  Sweet!  It was seriously all I could do to keep from immediately planning the next year of monthly Blossom Gatherings!

I now introduce to you Prez, Sunshine, Calling-Cat, Miss Yoko, Bambi, akkeyTay, Princess, Snow-Sugar, and its newest member (me, duh!):  Mango Tango:


And, of course, what's a secret society anyway without some fabulous food!!!  A few of our entrees (because after-all a flower needs nourishment):



My welcome parties just keep getting better and better!

No comments: