Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow and an Eskimo

So I'm cheating a bit.  This week was actually our second snowfall, but the first one didn't stick and, therefore, gets booted out of the title!  I love waking up and opening the door to a white blanket of muffled sound...everything just seems so clean and peaceful!

The snowy mountain vista from our window (you can't actually see the mountain, but I assure you it's still there):



This is when I'm ESPECIALLY grateful for my 40 second commute to work:


Functional AND design-worthy:


It's hard to imagine that the schoolyard looked like this only a few months ago!  I feel bad for the two students who actually still had to bike to school!


"Let's enjoying snow!"  


Yup, winter is here in good 'ol Hokkaido and it's gonna be a long one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am probably one of the few people who envies you right now. The first snow is my very, very favorite "event" of the whole year. I am still waiting for mine...
Meagan