Friday, August 8, 2008

Tokyo Finale

Backtracking a bit to my last night in Tokyo, which was this past Tuesday. I met up with a couple of Tennessee gals who I met at Nashville orientation, Lauren and Elissa, and we took to Tokyo`s steamy streets (literally, it was so humid an muggy that my camera lens was too fogged up for pics most of the time)!



This area of Shibuku in Tokyo is one of the most recognizable, thanks mostly in part to the movie "Lost in Translation." It's known as Tokyo Times Square and has so many lights that it seems like daylight!



We found a nice and gritty little back alley to try some beers and foods that we couldn't pronounce or decipher. We did get a free glass of sake each out of the deal...I like to attribute that to our good looks and good efforts...




Do we blend in yet?

2 comments:

The Tilted Tulip said...

I love those pants, darling!

-----
Random memory:
Remember our senior trip to Colorado and that "homeless?" guy who got really excited about your red velvet pants as you walked by?

ThiessenTwosome said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Oh man, I think I still have those things!