Monday, August 4, 2008

Oriental Orientation in Tokyo

I'm here in Tokyo after a 13 hour flight and smooth sailing through Narita airport, thanks mostly to the floating-yellow-shirt-frenzy known as current JET helper-outers.

Everything here makes me feel like I'm in the future. The fact that I feel like a robot makes it even more surreal.

JET Orientation has been long and laggy, but good. I've met a ton of people from all over the world, as there are about 800 of us here! We're staying at the Keio Plaza Hotel...a swanky setup in the heart of Tokyo's hip and bright Shijuku area, which has made for some great jet-lagged meandering.

My internet is sketchy at the moment, but I hope to be back soon with full blog thoughts and photos for your reading and my typing entertainment...to be continued...

No comments: